wager; bet; investment; share
stake
degree
alternative
instruction

Meaning of "accrued sick leave hours"

Meaning of surplus | Meaning of "backseat driver"
Meaning of "accrued sick leave hours" #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 18:46 pm   Meaning of "accrued sick leave hours"

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Idioms with the phrasal verb carry", question 7

An employee with 400 accrued sick leave hours at the end of the fiscal year will ......... into the new fiscal year 360 hours of sick leave and 8 hours of additional annual leave.

(a) carry over
(b) carry on
(c) carry off
(d) carry out

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Idioms with the phrasal verb carry", answer 7

An employee with 400 accrued sick leave hours at the end of the fiscal year will carry over into the new fiscal year 360 hours of sick leave and 8 hours of additional annual leave.

Correct answer: (a) carry over
_________________________

What is the meaning of accrued sick leave hours?

Lola
Lola

Meaning of "accrued sick leave hours" #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 14, 2006 18:50 pm   Meaning of "accrued sick leave hours"

Lola wrote:

Accrued sick leave hours are hours not worked (due to illness) that are accumulated over time.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Glared vs. glimpsedAgatha didn't have a happy marriage vs. Agatha isn't have...Why "keep up" and not "upkeep"?Meaning of "worth"Difference between adjust and accommodateMeaning of "see eye to eye"'simple past passive' vs. 'present perfect passive'Meaning of "kick up a fuss"Meaning of acceptMeaning of yellMeaning of toothpickWhy is this correct? (good credit report)Meaning of melt