Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

casing; skeleton; structure; body structure; mood
frame
swift
choice
car
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking?

ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about?
Conducive to, the phrase I learned from the Iron Lady. | I wanna say some thing about flowers
listening exercises
What are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking? #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 20, 2012 13:58 pm   What are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking?

Hi,

What are the most awful countries regarding to Human trafficking (modern-day slavery)?

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2011/06/world/table.trafficking.report/

What is your opinion?
Eihab
I'm here quite often ;-)

Re: What are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking? #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 am   Re: What are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking?

Actually, the record is about fighting trafficking, not about actuality of the phenomenon.
What I really would like to know - the amount of slaves in different countries. Also it should be clearly defined, what is a slave.
What do you think how your report correlates with amount of slaves I'm interested in?
Alehro
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Re: What are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking? #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 25, 2012 17:32 pm   Re: What are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking?

Alehro wrote:
Actually, the record is about fighting trafficking, not about actuality of the phenomenon.
What I really would like to know - the amount of slaves in different countries. Also it should be clearly defined, what is a slave.
What do you think how your report correlates with amount of slaves I'm interested in?

According to Wikipedia, the slavery definition is "A system under which people are treated as property to be bought and sold, and are forced to work".
As you know, the first two conditions are considered against the law now, nevertheless I read a report in CNN which was speaking about treating people as property in some Mideast countries.
http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2012/03/world/mauritania.slaverys.last.stronghold/index.html
I thought this kind of an awful treatment for human is no longer practiced, however, what I can assure you is; the second condition (to force others to work) still widely exists.
Eihab
I'm here quite often ;-)

Re: What are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking? #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2012 21:34 pm   Re: What are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking?

I just found quite detailed statistics, which additionally has many references for those who wants dig further: http://www.unglobalcompact.org/docs/issues_doc/labour/Forced_labour/HUMAN_TRAFFICKING_-_THE_FACTS_-_final.pdf
Alehro
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Conducive to, the phrase I learned from the Iron Lady. | I wanna say some thing about flowers
ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Congratulations Mr. Yuri!Stunning Passive VoicesA women's rights advocateBasics of EnglishHow to live to the fullest?Rain!What do you think of 'poverty in the world'?Conflict managementWe would eat pig shit.My StoryMy teacher says it's impolite to say.How can I increase the speed of my reading?A bad Workman blames his Tools.