Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

stance
mainframe
pose
doctor
technician
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Why is this correct? (good credit report)

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Meaning of "kick up a fuss" | 'simple past passive' vs. 'present perfect passive'
listening exercises
Why is this correct? (good credit report) #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 13, 2006 17:38 pm   Why is this correct? (good credit report)

Business English Courses, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #81 "Renting a place", question 1

In order for you to buy a house in the United States, it is important that you have a good ......... report.

(a) school
(b) medical
(c) credit
(d) dental

Business English Courses, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #81 "Renting a place", answer 1

In order for you to buy a house in the United States, it is important that you have a good credit report.

Correct answer: (c) credit

Your answer was: incorrect
In order for you to buy a house in the United States, it is important that you have a good school report.

why is this correct?

TOEIC short conversations: An employee asks his co-worker to help him with the photo copier
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Why is this correct? (good credit report) #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:39 am   Why is this correct? (good credit report)

I know it as a 'good credit rating'.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Why is this correct? (good credit report) #3 (permalink) Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:34 am   Why is this correct? (good credit report)

Hi

I also know this as "credit rating". A credit rating is basically a sort of "risk status". However, if you want to borrow money from a bank, the bank could order a "credit report" (something in writing) from a company that collects information about people's credit ratings.

The sentence would make more sense with "credit rating", in my opinion.

Amy

'good credit history' and 'good credit rating' #4 (permalink) Thu Jun 15, 2006 13:13 pm   'good credit history' and 'good credit rating'

Hi Mr. Micawber and Amy,

Many thanks for your response. Actually, I had posted that question when I was demonstrating the message system to a group of prospective users.
It's very good that you have also brought up the term 'credit rating' in addition to credit report.
According to Wikipedia, a credit report is 'a record of an individual's or company's past borrowing and repaying, including information about late payments and bankruptcy'.

Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC short conversations: Giving directions on how to get to the stadium
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Meaning of "kick up a fuss" | 'simple past passive' vs. 'present perfect passive'
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Meaning of "tenant"Meaning of "fishy"Glared vs. glimpsedMeaning of "priories right"Agatha didn't have a happy marriage vs. Agatha isn't have...Why "keep up" and not "upkeep"?Meaning of "worth"Difference between adjust and accommodateMeaning of "see eye to eye"Meaning of "backseat driver"Meaning of acceptMeaning of yellMeaning of toothpick