access; method; system; procedure
proximity
factor
faith
approach

Difference between adjust and accommodate

Meaning of "see eye to eye" | Meaning of "worth"
Difference between adjust and accommodate #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 16, 2006 14:54 pm   Difference between adjust and accommodate

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #105 "Synonyms for adapt", question 1

This book is very difficult for children aged ten and I'm afraid you will have to ......... it.

(a) adjust
(b) fit
(c) adapt
(d) alter

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #105 "Synonyms for adapt", answer 1

This book is very difficult for children aged ten and I'm afraid you will have to adapt it.

Correct answer: (c) adapt

This book is very difficult for children aged ten and I'm afraid you will have to alter it.
_________________________

what is the different between adjust and accommodate?

Evgen
Evgen

Difference between adjust and accommodate #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 16, 2006 17:41 pm   Difference between adjust and accommodate

Evgen wrote:
What is the different between adjust and accommodate?

To adjust is to put right by making a slight change:
please adjust your watches as the time in London is one hour behind Paris; she adjusted her scarf.

To accommodate is to supply (someone) with something they need. It also means to provide lodging for (someone): the hotel can accommodate sixty visitors.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
The first clause is a cause thereforeMeaning of "tenant"Meaning of "fishy"Glared vs. glimpsedMeaning of "priories right""about the future" vs. "in the future"Agatha didn't have a happy marriage vs. Agatha isn't have...Why "keep up" and not "upkeep"?'simple past passive' vs. 'present perfect passive'Meaning of "kick up a fuss"Meaning of "backseat driver"Meaning of acceptMeaning of yell