loyal; faithful; unchanging
original
steadfast
sensitive
crucial

Rain!

I wanna say some thing about flowers | How to live to the fullest?
Rain! #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 25, 2012 13:17 pm   Rain!

We have lovely monsoon rain now. Rain makes our paddy, rivers, fish, livestock, forests and our families, and brings happiness to us, the poor Burmese. Thank you rain. We won't forget you...

I love you, and I trust you.

Since you are the sole savior of Burma.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Rain #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:32 am   Rain

Hi Mr. kyaw Min Lwin,
Reading your post about rain and monsoon in Burma reminded me a related article about India's rainy season from " Active reading" by Neil J. Anderson which was very interesting. I would like to mention some extracts from it for those who are eager to Know much more about monsoon.
" In the spring, the heat intensifies over the northern Indian plains, pulling in humid air from the Arabian Gulf to the southwest. The first storms begin with dramatic displays of thunder and lightning, and by July the rains sweep across the entire country. The rainy season, which lasts until October, brings cooler temperatures, new life to the dry, brown fields, and often floods in the wettest areas."
"This is the monsoon, traditionally a joyful and very important time for agricultural Indian workers.............There are many reasons in addition to the reduced, off-season prices to visit their states during this time of the year. One is to see the lush, green landscapes. Goa has beautiful islands, waterfalls, lakes, dams, and wildlife sanctuaries that can be enjoyed during the monsoons..........Other attractions are the many colorful festival held around the country at the beginning of the monsoon, features a colorful procession. A third is simply the joy of the season, the splashing waters make the monsoon the favorite season in India. You can feel the magic. The washed streets and fresh leaves seem to smile with you."
" The idea of enjoying a rainy holiday seems strange to many, but it has definite allure for Arab tourists from the dry Persian Gulf coast. To these visitors, rain is a very unusual event, and a wet vacation sounds exotic and delightful."
Now please give us a description of this lovely occasion in Burma.
Fariba
Fariba Effort

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Rain! #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:20 am   Rain!

Thank you Fariba,

I'm not a writer at all . These days we have hotter summers or hot seasons thanks to the climate change. Sometimes the temperature could soar to 46C in our dry zones. No jokes. Even in Rangoon, which is quite close to the sea, it can be between 32-40C with a killing sun.

You can imagine how hot it is, I believe.

There comes our beloved monsoon , normally at the end of May. Together with its tender, cool breezes. Sometimes you can hear the shy cracks of the thunders in the early monsoon days.

Frogs are not too bold to boast yet. But when the madame monsoon is bold enough to be on the dance floor waltzing around, everything comes to life. Green is everywhere, grass, trees, evergreens, flower beds all of them.

I love monsoon rain teasing me around on my window panes. Sometimes she wakes me up by splashing some rain drops on my lazy face and ask me to move my bony ass.

All types of frogs and toads will be courting and fighting each other. Particularly, in the night times there will be Frog Orchestras one after another. I love hearing them to know that I'm safe from the deadly summer now .

If you go away out in the country you can see the green paddy fields in a background of rain curtain dancing along with the rhythm of the ever changing winds.

And we are going to eat plenty of fish,meat, variety fruit and vegetables and get fatten ourselves. Yummy.

Dear Fariba, by talking about eating, I'm starving now.

I know you write very good English, of course, at least better than me. So carry on with you poetic essay.

love you.

Kyaw.

I usually sleep not less than 20 hours a day when the rain comes. Rainy season is the best for me, the jobless lazy bone. hehe.

And sorry for my Burmese English that you may not understand very well.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Rain! #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2012 21:14 pm   Rain!

Hi Mr. Kyaw,
I believe you underestimate your writing skill. How can you be so humble and say that you are not a writer while the forum is nearly filled with your posts. I wonder how can you write so much within 4 hours because as you mentioned you sleep 20 hours a day.

I'm really curious to know about your country, Burma. Tell me about the Burmese, population, location, culture, etc.

Fariba
Fariba Effort

Rain! #5 (permalink) Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:01 am   Rain!

Thank you Fariba ,

Flattery will get you nowhere, they say.

Burma is in the South East Asia. Bordered with friendly neighbours India, China, Thailand, Laos and Bangladesh. We have 20,000 years old culture and history, I assume. We have monsoon climate. Our literature is believed to be derived from Sanskrit of India. Main religion is Buddhism. We have truly free religious systems. We Burmese originally hate discrimination. And we don't do so to the others what we hate to be done to us. Savvy?
Let say I myself have the Muslims and Christians of our own relatives in our big family. So the other families do.
We have rain, hot and so-called winter here. We have great rivers, forests, snow capped mountains in the north, gold, rubies and precious stones, a bit of oil and 2% of world's natural gas. Mostly educated, law and administration systems are based on the British systems.
We speak Burmese which I believe is a unique language but a bit sounds like Chinese. Culture is well established and flourished. We still love to wear our own dresses like very simple sarong, shirt, blouse, light jacket and humble slippers on any occasion. We don't like fake things which make us stiff. lol
Some of us believe we come down from the highest caste on earth. the Bhramin, so sometimes you can find us big headed but humble and people. hehe

Split minders?

We are very poor now thanks to the mad kings and queens, addlepated politicians, the British and the Japanese who exploited us in the wars.

We are still under developed with a population of 60 millions. Our home is a bit crowded now. Still you're welcome, the Burmese way. We love visitors. Once we know you are a foreigner everybody will come up to you in great curiosity. You might feel yourself like a monkey then. lol.

Later my dear,

love you,.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Rain! #6 (permalink) Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:08 am   Rain!

For you Fariba,

Burma (Listeni/ˈbɜrmə/ BUR-mə), also known as Myanmar (Listeni/ˌmjɑːnˈmɑː/ MYAHN--MAR) and officially known as the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, is a country in Southeast Asia. It is bordered by India, Bangladesh, China, Laos and Thailand. One-third of Burma's total perimeter of 1,930 kilometres (1,200 mi) forms an uninterrupted coastline along the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea. At 676,578 km2 (261,227 sq mi), it is the 40th largest country in the world and the second largest country in Southeast Asia. Burma is also the 24th most populous country in the world with over 60.28 million people.[6]

Burma is home to some of the early civilizations of Southeast Asia including the Pyu and the Mon.[7] In the 9th century, the Burmans of the Kingdom of Nanzhao entered the upper Irrawaddy valley and, following the establishment of the Pagan Empire in the 1050s, the Burmese language and culture slowly became dominant in the country. During this period, Theravada Buddhism gradually became the predominant religion of the country. The Pagan Empire fell due to the Mongol invasions (12771301), and several warring states emerged. In the second half of the 16th century, the country was reunified by the Taungoo Dynasty which for a brief period was the largest empire in the history of Southeast Asia.[8] The early 19th century Konbaung Dynasty ruled over an area that included modern Burma as well as Manipur and Assam. The country was colonized by Britain following three Anglo-Burmese Wars (18241885). British rule brought social, economic, cultural and administrative changes. Since independence in 1948, the country has been in one of the longest running civil wars among the country's myriad ethnic groups that remains unresolved. From 1962 to 2011, the country was under military rule. The military junta was dissolved in 2011 following a general election in 2010 and a civilian government installed.
( WIKI)

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Rain! #7 (permalink) Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:14 am   Rain!

Yes, I sleep 20 hours a day. I just got up at 9, mostly I get up at 10.30. I'm just a lucky man. I don't have to go out and work for a living at the age of 53.
My parents who are in their 80 still think I'm 5 and they cherish to keep me and feed me until now. Envy?

I don't even have to prepare my meals or pay any bills. But we are not that rich now. Though, we don't care much. We know how to live on the winning side. That's a secret.

kind regards.

I said I'm just a lucky man. So I don't do unlucky, sinful things. Just to keep my lucks around.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Rain! #8 (permalink) Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:55 am   Rain!

Hi Mr. Kyaw,
The information about Burma was very interesting. Thank you to spend so much time to give specific details.
Fariba
Fariba Effort

Rain! #9 (permalink) Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:48 am   Rain!

You're most welcome my dear.

And one real strange thing about Burmese is we don't have family name or surname. Some of us put it on as a fashion only.

I assume, it's because we came down from China as a big family in thousands of years ago. Our society is closely knitted and well conserved. We address each other as uncle, auntie, brother, sister on any occasion, anywhere.

So it's not so wise to quarrel with a Burmese. You've got to deal with 60 millions of them.

Just a joke.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Uncle Mas, You are losing Burma again to Mr. Anchi.Congratulations Mr. Yuri!Stunning Passive VoicesA women's rights advocateBasics of EnglishWho are the most powerful stakeholders of a business?Conducive to, the phrase I learned from the Iron Lady.What do you think of 'poverty in the world'?Conflict managementWhat are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking?We would eat pig shit.My teacher says it's impolite to say.How can I increase the speed of my reading?