trifling; unimportant; insignificant; minor
substitute
executive
trivial
creative

the meaning of just a heads up?

ESL tutor offer | SOccer~sports~TV~Portugal vs Spain Live Stream Uefa EURO 2012 Semi Final HD Free
the meaning of just a heads up? #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:42 am   the meaning of just a heads up?

1. Just a heads up—this is a new meeting, so you’ll need to upload content or attach the files that you want to include.
2. Who can look at content on their own?
3. This is also good for other presenters who might want to skip ahead to a slide they’re about to present

Please explain to me the meaning of the bold phrases in the above sentences. They appear in an Office Application Manual.

Many thanks!!!
Galilom2002

the meaning of just a heads up? #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:22 am   the meaning of just a heads up?

1. I want to warn you that this is a new meeting.

2. seems strange. It is 'on their own' (who can look at it by themselves) or 'on its own' (in isolation).

3. might want to miss a number of slides out of the presentation and go straight to the one they are about to present.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
the meaning of just a heads up? #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:40 am   the meaning of just a heads up?

Thanks, mam!

Another question:
This evergreen calendar can easily be personalized by replacing the photos with your favorite family photos.

What does the adjective "evergreen" mean in this context?
Galilom2002

the meaning of just a heads up? #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2012 17:19 pm   the meaning of just a heads up?

Presumably, you can use it year after year, but I have never heard the phrase so can't be sure.
_________________

The verb "align"???unit 7Test incompl/elem-284, User's Answer 9Which answer is right?'What does NATO stand for' vs 'Where does NATO stand for?'What's the difference on usage of WAIT and EXPECT?What's wrong with vs. What's funny withHe's finished eating VERSUS he's finishes eatingWhy do you use what instead of which?A few drinks - countable nounsUsing apologize + "about" or "for"Idiomatic expression "what's in store on television"?Realize vs. reckon