elasticity; cheerfulness; quality of quickly recovering from sadness or failure; buoyancy
current
stay
landscape
resilience

The Asians' World?

Who are the most powerful stakeholders of a business? | Can Poland or Ukraine win the Euro Cup 2012 ?
The Asians' World? #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2012 15:07 pm   The Asians' World?

World's population today is 7.022 billions, of which the Asians comprise 4 billions.

Besides, Asia's economy is relatively stable and promising, and it still has huge reserves of natural resources. Especially in under-developed and developing nations.

To me, it'll be the world of Asians in the very near future. God's will?

If I were 25 now, I'd seriously learn English in depth and get rich.

Why don't you, young Asians?

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

The Asians' World? #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2012 21:16 pm   The Asians' World?

A lot of them already know English.
Look at India where it is second official language. Quite often it is default language for in-office employees.
Look at internet activity in the IT sphere. The huge amount of those are from India, Indonesia, even Pakistan.
Alehro

Location: Russia

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
The Asians' World? #3 (permalink) Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:34 am   The Asians' World?

Thank you Alehro.

Yes, but we've got to learn more seriously and in depth. Otherwise we'll be cheated and looked down on.

Just having superficial English from the language markets is simply not sufficient to fight in the international forums.

Once we, the Asians master British English, we conquer the world as the British did in their un-sunset colonial days.

( It's just a thought )

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

The Asians' World? #4 (permalink) Wed Jun 27, 2012 21:49 pm   The Asians' World?

Dear Mr. Kyaw,

I don't quite understand what do you mean under conquering the World. The Britain did that using military forces. I suggest, you, on the other side, want to conquer it in a peaceful way. I imagine two possible directions of strikes of "Asian's peaceful army". The first one is flooding the World by immigrants. The second one is acquiring leadership positions in different areas of World. Strategically the first one is more universal and safe, in the sense that it gives more stable results.

Let's consider the first one. What improves the possibility to immigrate successfully to the Western World? In my opinion, it is: health, age, education, professional skills, business culture, money. I want to discuss the business culture of Indians particularly. I'm so eager to do this, because I had a couple of unpleasant accidents when I was cheated by Indians. The situation is so typical in the online marketplace I'm working, that quite often employers, who searches for workers simply state: "no Asian please".

I want to stress that I do not blame Asian men, even those who cheated me. As I understand, their business culture is very different from my culture, which in turn, I hope, far more closer to global business culture. It looks that cheating is the right way of doing business in India. Unfortunately it isn't the effective one...
Alehro

Location: Russia

The Asians' World? #5 (permalink) Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:00 am   The Asians' World?

Dear Mr. Alhro,

Sorry, I might overstate it. I just want to stress how important to learn standard English in depth.

As I was a GM in an Japanese International firm for six years I can appreciate what you have experienced or are experiencing in your business.

It's of course there are con men in any part of the world.

Still, in my opinion , if one doesn't do the business slapdashly, but by abiding the lawfully written contracts we can avoid those unnecessary issues.

We've just opened our door to the world, and put our livelihoods in the hands of so called politicians and businessmen who don't know ABC.

I don't want to go over it because it makes me so disappointed and so upset just to think about it.

Since you are pro business man you can surely know what it is like to lay a country in the hands of the uneducated cronies.

But what can we do. That's of our sins in the past. We had horrible past throughout our history.

You know I worked for our Embassy in Malaysia , once we had to do interpretation for one of our so called businessman who doesn't know ABC.

Now he is the one of the biggest men in our economy front. Can you imagine. Oh dear...

I heard many Burmese businessmen were conned by their Indian counterparts who outsmarted them with better English and experiences.

Our businessmen and their so called consultants normally don't know what is written in the contracts, but they will simply say Yes, yes, yes. LOL.

If you have a chance to visit Burma, you will see everyone you meet will nod and say Yes to you.

Try a phrase like Are you nuts? They will say Yes, yes.

Try, I've asked my men to waste you this evening. They will say Thank you very much. Oh dear.....

But I don't mean my topic is only on business sense. For any types of disciplines and professions too.

I didn't write this topic for political and racial purposes. I'm not interested in those nonsense at all.

I mean if we the Asians knew better English, we'd surely communicate more efficiently with the new world.

It's really nice to talk to an experienced and educated man like you. A rare species on the most of the language sites, Thanks a lot.

kind regards.

I'm just complaining by foreseeing Burma is going down very soon thanks to those cronies.

When I started to work as a GM I'd just known A and B of business. But I'd already learned some English. Say UVWXY...

Now I know A to Z of Standard International Business, and have some command of English. For I've been earnestly studying them.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

The Asians' World? #6 (permalink) Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:08 am   The Asians' World?

If the Asians learn standard English, they'll be able to read educational and professional books in English, which would enlighten them.
Very simple. Just like that.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

The Asians' World? #7 (permalink) Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:29 am   The Asians' World?

"no Asian please".

It should be No crooked Asians ( please ) !

I hate crooked Asians as well.

But, I adore innocent, decent Asians from the bottom of my heart.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

The Asians' World? #8 (permalink) Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:43 am   The Asians' World?

If I were you, I'd do business only with the Japanese and the Malaysians for Asian region.

They are very professional. I do admire them. Incredible people.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

The Asians' World? #9 (permalink) Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:12 pm   The Asians' World?

Thank you for the elaborated explanation.

I have read about the Asians always saying 'Yes' to tourists. But I thought that it was kind of joking on 'strange foreigners'. If this spreads into business too, then it is very sad.

Judging from what's written about your country in wikipedia, I very sympathize with you. Nevertheless, I hope that no fools will withstand such a flow of information and technology which all countries experience currently. As one of my colleagues loves to say struggling on yet another unfinished project: 'When I will finish it all will be happy'.
Alehro

Location: Russia

The Asians' World? #10 (permalink) Sun Jul 01, 2012 13:58 pm   The Asians' World?

Thank You, Mr. Alehro.

Anyway, by knowing this and that of the international kind of business, I hope we would be able to fill the gaps and gulfs as much as we could. For the time being I must master my English first.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

The Asians' World? #11 (permalink) Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:34 am   The Asians' World?

Political winds change back to China again. Oh dear...

I'm to start learning Chinese from today.

Ni how? Wor ai ni.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Funnily named US cities/towns/townships/counties etc.Have you ever read "Death Interruption" a story book by Joseph SaramagoOuter spaceHappy 4th of JulyUncle Mas, You are losing Burma again to Mr. Anchi.Congratulations Mr. Yuri!Stunning Passive VoicesA women's rights advocateMy teacher says it's posh to say...Basics of EnglishHow to live to the fullest?How I acquire English wordsHow reliable is your Internet provider?