Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

chase; quest; search; occupation; pastime
pursuit
supplier
mortgage
enough
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of "the ease with"

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Is "expectancy" the same "expectation"? | Keep your promise vs Keep to your promise
listening exercises
Meaning of "the ease with" #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:38 am   Meaning of "the ease with"

Dear Sirs

Can you explain to me what does it mean of the ease with something and can u give me an example of it?

Thanks so much for your help
Kelly
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Ease #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:16 am   Ease

The ease is the absence of difficulty: he can do it with ease.

As with 'difficulty', you can use the preposition 'of': the ease of maintenance of a product, for example.

The phrase the ease with can be used in sentences like:the ease with which she can speak about these things is amazing.
Conchita
Language Coach

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Is "expectancy" the same "expectation"? | Keep your promise vs Keep to your promise
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Rewrite sentence: Hunches, coming into two kinds, the good...Rewrite sentence: which one is the best optionSentence correction: what will be the correct answer?Simple/Past tense: That's the reason I come/came hereOf… of… of… of… – How to bring to equilibrium?Difference between an error and a mistakeThat's the reason I came here'wonder about sth.' vs. 'wonder sth.'Meaning of 'talk about you'"good in" vs. "good at"Meaning: 'dark twist' AND 'every chin turns away'Girl vs. maidenUsing 'that would kill me'