to forecast; to foretell; to diagnose
bereave
impugn
prognosticate
accede

Please help me with the TOEFLŪ test.

Capital punishment. | An early memory of my childhood
Please help me with the TOEFL test. #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:14 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

I have to take the TOEFL-PBT next year, but I don't know where to begin. My English level is about Intermediate. Can you give some advice? It's much better if you can show some kinds of materials. Thanks a lot!

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and an employee in the student services center
Mraz Ng

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:35 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

Hi Mraz Ng,
I don't know that the TOEFL-PBT is still available in Vietnam. Did you mean TOEFL-iBT or the TOEFL-PBT Instistute version?
in terms of TOEFL PBT, I think the collection of 'TOEFL flash' (which includes 3 books: TOEFL word flash, TOEFL reading flash, TOEFL grammar flash) could be a good start. Those books are suggested for beginner to help them get acquainted with the TOEFL PBT test.

If you want to take the TOEFL iBT test, then we have some famous name like 'Cambridge', 'Barron', 'Complete guide to the TOEFL iBT test' by Bruce Rogers and so on.

If you want to improve some specific skills, note it here, so we can list some other books and materials for you :D

(Hope it could help!)

Giang-Kitos'henchman's fellow (xD )
_________________
Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst!
Gianglp

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Please help me with the TOEFL test. #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:01 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

Giang-Kitos'henchman's fellow (xD )

Oh, my dear friend!!!!!!!! This is for you
*big hug* *big hug**big hug*
*big hug* *big hug**big hug*
*big hug* *big hug**big hug*
........................................
*big hug* *big hug**big hug*
Cool !!! ;)
_________________
I'll be back. I'll miss you guys so much... See you soon...
NguyenTrg

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #4 (permalink) Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:17 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

Mraz Ng, next year is long way off. A soon beginning like these is really good. Here, you can post essays and Teacher Kitos will help you correct it. Set time aside for searching here, you will find a lot of useful tips, about reading, writing, listening, and speaking. I am afraid you have to search a lot because some successful students who took exam earlier is not online so often, but they left here lots of advice and experiences. With the period time of 1 year, I believe that you will have the best preparation

Good luck friend,
Richard-Kitos'henchman ;)
_________________
NguyenTrg

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #5 (permalink) Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:35 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic27516.html
http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic20701.html
http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic19054.html
It seems quite hard to find information about TOEFL pBT ...There is just something I have gained.
Don't worry, your friends here will help you.

Good luck friend,
Richard-Kitos'henchman ;)
_________________
NguyenTrg

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #6 (permalink) Thu Dec 09, 2010 15:09 pm   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

I think the beginner like you should start with Delta's key or Longman.
_________________
No pain, No gain !
Kaka193

Location: Viet Nam

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #7 (permalink) Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:35 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

I think I'll take the later. As far as I know, the TOEFL-iBT is the newest version which measures all four skills of English. However, a friend of mine taking the TOEFL preparation class said that he's not been prepared speaking skill. I'm almost self-studied, so there're a lot of things to do. Thanks for your useful recommendation, GiangIp!
Mraz Ng

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #8 (permalink) Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:49 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

First, Can I ask you what it means "Kitos'henchman". You must know GiangIp because I see this line at the bottom of your both posts. ^_^. I really appreciate your great help. You seached the links which are very useful for my preparation and sent them to me. I'll do my best to get a result as good as possible.By the way, "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going" is the lyrics from a song by Boyzone? I don't remember the tittle. I'm a Boyzone fan. If so, let's shake hands. :)
Mraz Ng

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #9 (permalink) Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:52 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

Mraz Ng wrote:

You're welcome :)
If your preparation is merely based on self-studying, then I think the website notefull.com would be a perfect source :D This site gives lots of useful tips and strategies to help you deal with the test (especially the speaking section). Also, there is a thread to practice speaking (and, of course, writing) on this forum. You still have plenty of time , take advantage of this. Hope you will do well in your exam! Good luck with your preparation. :D
_________________
Gianglp

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #10 (permalink) Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:59 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

Mraz Ng wrote:

Haha, about this, you can think of it that way since we're both (naughty) students of Kitosdad. Believe me, Richard is a workaholic and she (>:]) is a nice person with a warm heart, too. You're always welcome to join us here Mraz_Ng :)

Giang-Kitos'henchman's fellow (xD )

By the way, I thought you are a fan of Jason Mraz :D
_________________
Gianglp

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #11 (permalink) Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:05 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

Uhm...Can you give me some description of these materials? Because it's hard for me to find some English books at any bookstores in my town.
Mraz Ng

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #12 (permalink) Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:24 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

I'm not sure what you means by 'description of these materials'. If you want to find the ebook version of them, just google it (sorry but I don't know whether they're available). If you want to have some practice tests, add my y!h: friendly_river90 and I'll send you some. (I'm usually online from 8:00pm to 11:30pm GMT +7 [: )

Giang-Kitos'henchman's fellow (xD )
_________________
Gianglp

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #13 (permalink) Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:42 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

Gianglp, sometimes you make me feel that I am going to be unemployed TT___TT,oh my helping hand, my dear friend >:D<
_________________
NguyenTrg

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #14 (permalink) Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:46 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

Mraz Ng wrote:

I love Boyzone, but by no means am I a fan of them. My signature is simply an idiom I really like. "Father and son" by Boyzone is my favorite song >:D< However, still want to shake your hands, or else this instead *big hug* my fellowman ^^

Welcome my friend :-)

Richard-Kitos'henchman ;)
_________________
NguyenTrg

Please help me with the TOEFL test. #15 (permalink) Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:08 am   Please help me with the TOEFL test.

http://www.ets.org/toefl for you >:D<

Richard-Kitos'henchman ;)
_________________
NguyenTrg

The most important characteristic of a good friend.Some people like doing work by hand. Others prefer using machines.Are parents the best teachers?First day at my job.I have a question about lecture3 in listening part of the siteIs human cloning good or bad? Give your opinion.Please edit my essayIntegrated Writing .. Altruismknowledge from books vs experiencePrevent wild animals from dying outTravel alone or in a group led by a tourist guidehigh parental expectationsAttending a live performance or watching the same event on TV ?