record of a person's or a family's ancestors or relatives
sagacity
labyrinth
archetype
genealogy

Independent Essay: progress is always good.

please check my essay.thank you | Hi, someone please help me check my essay :-)
Independent Essay: progress is always good. #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 04, 2012 15:33 pm   Independent Essay: progress is always good.

Please, check and grade another one essay.

Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good?

Progress is a very important aspect of human development. Of course, in some cases, progress causes a lot of environmental problems and has negative impact on people’s lives. However, I believe that it is more likely to be beneficial than harmful.

To begin with, progress seems to have made life simplier and more comfortable. Due to technological progress, a lot of modern machines have been invented, such as airplanes, automobiles, mobile phones, computers with the Internet access and so on. Undoubtedly, these advanced tools are very useful for us. For example, with the invention of the Internet, people nowadays can communicate with each other almost instantly anywhere in the world. Another example is the airplane. In the past, there were no airplanes and journeys between continents would take months by ships. Today, we can reach any destination within hours!

In addition, another benefit from progress is that prosperity and the standard of living has been increased. These days, because of progress in industrialization, we have bigger factories, more products as well as more money. It means that we can buy more things than we could before.

Finally, human health has greatly improved due to medical progress. Medicinal treatments have developed very fast; as a result, we tend to live longer than the previous generations. In comparison with the past, diseases like polio, malaria, chickenpox and many others have nowadays almost disappeared. Other diseases, such as cancer or tuberculosis can be cured now. Moreover, with the help of X-rays, hidden diseases in the body can be diagnosed easily. So, progress in medical science has made life healthier and happier.

In conclusion, for the reasons above, I definitely agree with the idea that progress is always good. It has significantly improved human lives and brought many benefits.

TOEFL listening lectures: How would you describe the results of the Viking biological experiments?
Maria1212

Location: Switzerland

Re: Independent Essay: progress is always good. #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 05, 2012 0:18 am   Re: Independent Essay: progress is always good.

Hi, I think this an excellent essay. I really couldn't find anything wrong with it. I would rate it a 5 out of 5 - congratulations!

Maria1212 wrote:

Progress is a very important aspect of human development. Of course, in some cases, progress causes a lot of environmental problems and has [a] negative impact on people’s lives. However, I believe that it is more likely to be beneficial than harmful.

To begin with, progress seems to have made life simplier{sp} and more comfortable. Due to technological progress, a lot of modern machines have been invented, such as airplanes, automobiles, mobile phones, computers with the Internet access and so on. Undoubtedly, these advanced tools are very useful for us. For example, with the invention of the Internet, people nowadays can communicate with each other almost instantly anywhere in the world. Another example is the airplane. In the past, there were no airplanes and journeys between continents would take months by ships. Today, we can reach any destination within hours!

In addition, another benefit from progress is that prosperity and the standard of living ha[ve] been increased. These days, because of progress in industrialization, we have bigger factories [and so] more products as well as more money. It means that we can buy more things than we could before.

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Independent Essay: progress is always good. #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 05, 2012 17:01 pm   Independent Essay: progress is always good.

Ok, I'm waiting for your response.
Maria1212

Location: Switzerland

Independent Essay: progress is always good. #4 (permalink) Mon Mar 05, 2012 17:55 pm   Independent Essay: progress is always good.

Done - please see my response above.

Independent Essay: progress is always good. #5 (permalink) Mon Mar 05, 2012 20:37 pm   Independent Essay: progress is always good.

Thank you very much!
Maria1212

Location: Switzerland

please rate my essayPlease check my essay and rate it. Thank you beforehand!Review my 3rd Essay please :)Please help me with your review of this essay about a new mpvie theater. thanks!Integrated essay about win-win negotiation.please check my toefl® ibt essay? thank you very much!!Please check my essay. Thanks in advance :)please check and rate my essay on: difficulties to learn a new languagepleeese,need to check it... it is left only couple of days :(please check my 3rd essay!Thanks a lot!Please check my essay.Your comments are really helpful.please check my essay.thank youplease check and rate my essay,thank you very much!