to make different; to invest one's assets in various securities
confuse
represent
diversify
divert

English Grammar through Stories

progressive and non-progressive forms. | Can I replace "less than" by "lower than"?
English Grammar through Stories #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:59 am   English Grammar through Stories

Hi Teachers,

I've bought the tutor materials which name is in the subject of this post quite recently and have become reading it. On the second page I found this:
"When we want to make a question we also use don't after I/you/we/they and doesn't after he/she/it:
- Do you speak Chinese?
...
"

It is a matter of Present simple tense. I suppose it is a mistake in explanation. Do you know about it?

Thank you,
Vladimir.
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

English Grammar through Stories #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 11, 2013 13:24 pm   English Grammar through Stories

It doesn't seem to make any sense.
Dozy

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
English Grammar through Stories #3 (permalink) Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:27 am   English Grammar through Stories

Hi Dozy,

What do you mean?

Vladimir.
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

English Grammar through Stories #4 (permalink) Tue Mar 12, 2013 13:27 pm   English Grammar through Stories

"we also use don't after I/you/we/they and doesn't after he/she/it" sounds like an explanation of negatives, not questions, and it does not have any relevance to the example sentence that follows. It's as if different parts of the text have got muddled up.
Dozy

I wandered through the empty streets VS I wandered for the desert roadsorderedwas sitting or satŪResume-verificationorchestraA British Fellow ...Period placementcatastrophe vs disasterundergoundfor a commercial purposeSince the beginning of this month: why "the" is used?falling price: falling is a gerund or an adjectiveUse of "that" in the sentence