Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to make different; to invest one's assets in various securities
confuse
represent
diversify
divert
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

English Grammar through Stories

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
progressive and non-progressive forms. | Can I replace "less than" by "lower than"?
listening exercises
English Grammar through Stories #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:59 am   English Grammar through Stories

Hi Teachers,

I've bought the tutor materials which name is in the subject of this post quite recently and have become reading it. On the second page I found this:
"When we want to make a question we also use don't after I/you/we/they and doesn't after he/she/it:
- Do you speak Chinese?
"

It is a matter of Present simple tense. I suppose it is a mistake in explanation. Do you know about it?

Thank you,
Vladimir.

English Grammar through Stories #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 11, 2013 13:24 pm   English Grammar through Stories

It doesn't seem to make any sense.
Dozy
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
English Grammar through Stories #3 (permalink) Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:27 am   English Grammar through Stories

Hi Dozy,

What do you mean?

Vladimir.

English Grammar through Stories #4 (permalink) Tue Mar 12, 2013 13:27 pm   English Grammar through Stories

"we also use don't after I/you/we/they and doesn't after he/she/it" sounds like an explanation of negatives, not questions, and it does not have any relevance to the example sentence that follows. It's as if different parts of the text have got muddled up.
Dozy
I'm a Communicator ;-)

progressive and non-progressive forms. | Can I replace "less than" by "lower than"?
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
I wandered through the empty streets VS I wandered for the desert roadsorderedwas sitting or satŪResume-verificationorchestraA British Fellow ...Period placementcatastrophe vs disasterundergoundfor a commercial purposeSince the beginning of this month: why "the" is used?falling price: falling is a gerund or an adjectiveUse of "that" in the sentence