Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

exceeding regular working hours
ill
overtime
consistently
certainly
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Difference between could and must? | Difference between encouraging and demanding
listening exercises
Difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'? #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:32 am   Difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #65 "How to ask a question", question 10

Why do you always ......... me when I try to ask a question?

(a) interpose
(b) intercede
(c) interfere
(d) interrupt

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #65 "How to ask a question", answer 10

Why do you always interrupt me when I try to ask a question?

Correct answer: (d) interrupt

Hello,
What is the difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'?
Thank you..
Watie
I'm here quite often ;-)

Difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'? #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:54 am   Difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'?

Here, 'interpose' cannot take the personal pronoun as an object. We interrupt a person, but we interpose a comment.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'? #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:39 pm   Difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'?

what is the difference between 'interfere' and 'interrupt'?

many thanks
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'? #4 (permalink) Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:01 am   Difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'?

An interruption stops a process (at least momentarily). Interference forces it to change force or direction.

Difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'? #5 (permalink) Fri Sep 16, 2011 13:16 pm   Difference between 'interrupt' and 'interpose'?

Interrupt in Verb form means” To make a break in, destroy the peace or tranquility of , interfere in someone else's activity, terminate “

In Computer Science “A signal that temporarily stops the execution of a program so that another procedure can be carried out “ is also an Interrupt(Noun)

Interfere means “come between so as to be hindrance or obstacle or get involved, so as to alter or hinder an action, or through force or threat of force”

Interfere usage
They should not interfere in our affairs.

Mojo

Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.
Mojo7301
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Difference between could and must? | Difference between encouraging and demanding
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
the handwriting expertteaching children to write properly.they will eventually succeedboth of the carsstab or pierceit's fun to read.It's a pleasureYou don't look your age.Thanks in advance or thanks ahead or...?What does Ted mean?"have been able" vs "want"Meaning of "Bills"Meaning of 'lose sleep'