Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

collection of written records; use of written records as evidence
documentation
announcement
privilege
overview
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Where shoulld be use HAVING?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Meaning of blob | On leave - on strike?
listening exercises
Where shoulld be use HAVING? #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 27, 2006 17:18 pm   Where shoulld be use HAVING?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #118 "Passive Tense Forms", question 10

I'm sorry you can't come in at the moment because we ......... the house decorated right now.

(a) have had
(b) will have
(c) had
(d) are having

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #118 "Passive Tense Forms", answer 10

I'm sorry you can't come in at the moment because we are having the house decorated right now.

Correct answer: (d) are having

Your answer was: incorrect
I'm sorry you can't come in at the moment because we had the house decorated right now.

Hi ,
please explain me where shoulld be use "HAVING" ?
thanks a lot
bittu
bittu

Are having #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 27, 2006 18:41 pm   Are having

Hi bittu,

If you had something done, this would mean this was done in the past. But this action is happening right now and so it is we are having the house decorated.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Where shoulld be use HAVING? #3 (permalink) Sat Jan 28, 2006 21:04 pm   Where shoulld be use HAVING?

pplz have a look at my question again...........i want to know where should be use verb "HAVING"?
if i write "we are decorating the house "..is it mean the same ?"we are having the house decorated...."
bittu

Having the house decorated #4 (permalink) Tue Jan 31, 2006 17:06 pm   Having the house decorated

Hi bittu,

The answer to your question is no.

We are decorating the house means we are doing the work.

We are having the house decorated means someone is decorating the house for us.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Where shoulld be use HAVING? #5 (permalink) Sat Apr 21, 2012 17:05 pm   Where shoulld be use HAVING?

" what says our culture about this?" and " what does our culture say about this? " what are the differance between them?
Aliarshad

Meaning of blob | On leave - on strike?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
thanks for yr help!What's the difference between an argumentative essay and an opinion essay?sentence structure comprehension - questionCan you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pmWhat does 'the pants off of me' mean?Why are goat's babies called 'kids'?expense vs. optionLate for work vs Late at workTry out vs. work outWhat does "performers" mean?Phrasal verb turn outExpression "kill time"I can't follow it