Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to grind the teeth together; to abrade; to grind; to make a harsh grinding noise
feed
grit
might
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

immoral/inmoral/nonmoral/unmoral/amoral

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Diff. between renounce, forego, abstain, waive? | To infinitive or bare infinitive
listening exercises
immoral/inmoral/nonmoral/unmoral/amoral #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:53 am   immoral/inmoral/nonmoral/unmoral/amoral

It is............... to abuse alcohol.

A amoral B inmoral
C unmoral D immoral
E nonmoral

The right answer is: immoral.
What is the difference between : immoral and others, and between each of them?

Thank You very much
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

immoral/inmoral/nonmoral/unmoral/amoral #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:40 pm   immoral/inmoral/nonmoral/unmoral/amoral

"immoral" implies that the concept of morality is understood and accepted, and an action is counter to it. "amoral" means lacking any framework of morality. "immoral" is a more common word.

"nonmoral" and "unmoral" look unusual to me, and to me mean nothing other than "not moral".

"inmoral" is not a word.

Interesting graph: http://ngrams.googlelabs.com/graph?content=nonmoral%2Camoral%2Cimmoral%2Cunmoral&year_start=1800&year_end=2000&corpus=0&smoothing=3
Dozy
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Diff. between renounce, forego, abstain, waive? | To infinitive or bare infinitive
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
picking some words from a news bulletinIf-clausemost of the students or most students?-ism.Should = if in which case?Singular or PluralPotato crisps/chips...use of on/inbehaved cowardlyUpper and lower caseThe word advise is noun or a verb ??cant we use it as a verb ??subjected to reversalsChina Inc.